Meditation – Daily Offer Nurturing Love.
Salve Regina, translated from the Latin, means Hail Holy Queen. It’s a hymn offered in thanksgiving for the loving-kindness of Mary, the mother of Jesus. Today in many parts of the world, mothers are expected to work inside as well as outside the home. This is not new in history. What has changed is the increased demands from the way we currently use digital technology and the faster pace of life. This affects us all. For mothers, this increased pace of life can lead to a greater disconnect between parent and child. Plus, many mothers are living without the aid of extended family and the village culture of times past that supported the process of nurturing the young. Both males and females can offer nurturing love. How can you support a parent in nurturing the young? We find what we seek. The young are not the only ones in need of nurturing love. Seek avenues to nurture both young and old. The joy is in the giving. Enjoy the journey.
anthony glenn miller
The person who is truly wise and kind
leaves nothing to be done,
but the one who only acts
according to the nation’s law
leaves many things undone.
Chapter 38 – Tao Te Ching
- Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy,
- hail our life, our sweetness and our hope.
- To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
- to thee do we send up our sighs,
- mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
- Turn then, most gracious advocate,
- thine eyes of mercy toward us;
- and after this our exile,
- show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
- O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
- ℣ Pray for us O holy Mother of God,
- ℟ that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
- Salve Regina